Private – Lucca Bikes & Bites
Discover Lucca like a local: on two wheels! This is a fabulously fun and flavoursome introduction to Tuscany’s most underrated city. Your knowledgeable local guide leads you through the tree-lined boulevards and pretty church squares of Lucca, into popular local cafés and delis to discover the city’s spirited culinary culture. Mouthwatering food tastings galore follow as you discover the city by bike and take in some cultural gems along the way. And what better way to end your whistle stop tour than with a refreshing typical Italian cocktail or a glass of wine from the vineyards surrounding your new favourite city? Salute!
Private Lucca Bike & Food Tour Highlights
- Taste the best cured meats, cheeses, and artisan gelato in Lucca and meet the people behind those delicious flavours
- Burn off some calories riding through the city’s bicycle-friendly narrow lanes
- Learn from local gourmands about the region’s most famous dish: farro soup
- Visit the oldest delicatessen in town for an in-depth extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar tasting
- Discover Lucca’s charming history and stunning Romanesque architecture; marvel at the Guinigi Tower, the San Frediano Church, and Amphitheatre Square
Inclusions: Local English-speaking guide, food samples as per itinerary (1 gelato; sampling of local cured meats and pecorino cheese with Tuscan bread; extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar tasting; selection of crostini from a daily-changing menu; small glass of local wine or cocktail), bike and helmet rental.
Exclusions: Additional food and drinks, souvenirs and personal shopping, tips/gratuities for your guide.
- Duration: 3 hours
- Meeting point:Entrance to Lucca train station, under the taxi sign